Blago Fund continues its cooperation with Princeton and Harvard Universities
The BLAGO Fund Team donated slides and DVDs on Serbian monasteries to the Princeton and Harvard Universities. Slides and DVDs were created by the BLAGO field team during their years of extensive work in Monastery Mileseva, August 2000, 195 slides; Monastery Studenica, Monastery Gracanica, June 2003, 98 slides; Monastery Decani, June 2004, 21 slides; Monastery Sopocani, August 2005, 53 slides; Monastery Ravanica, 173 scanned pictures.
We would like to thank Princeton University for supporting our projects.
Washington - The Director of Programs for the Serbian Unity Congress Ivana Cerovic and Milka Piljak visited Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection and met with Ms. Gerri Schaad, Curator for Image Collections and Fieldworks Archives.
Dumbarton Oaks provides resources for the study and publication of scholarly works in Byzantine, Pre-Columbian, and Garden and Landscape Studies. Begun as a private collection by Mildred and Robert Woods Bliss in 1920, and given to Harvard University in 1940, the library and collections include art objects, artifacts, manuscripts, and rare books. It is considered one of the richest collections and research libraries of Byzantine art in the world.
The Dumbarton Oaks museum opened its doors in April 2008 after renovation.