The Church of the Virgin Hodegetria was built next to the southern side of the Holy Apostles, c. 1300. It was commissioned by Danilo II, to counterpart the church of St Demetrios. The ground plan has the form of a floral cross with an octagonal dome borne by four free-standing pillars. The temple is divided into three longitudinal spaces, and its two-light windows on the east and south facades have certain Gothic elements. The church was painted in 1330s. The founder composition on the west wall testifies to the fact that Danilo II had commissioned those works as well.
Pecka Patrijarsija is located near the town of Pec, south-west of Kosovo & Metohija.
See the map of all BLAGO collections